Controlled Burns

State Administrative Regulations require citizens to notify the Sheriff's Office and Fire Department before conducting a controlled burn.  In Sumner County, those notifications can be made by calling 9-1-1.

Controlled Burns are not allowed when there is a State or County Burn Ban in effect, or when the National Weather Service has issued, or is expected to issue a Wind Advisory or Red Flag Warning.

For more information, review County Resolution 2014-24 regarding Open Burning in Sumner County.

Controlled Burn Resolution.PNG

County Resolution 2014-24

Fire Weather

DISCLAIMER: Always check with the National Weather Service or Storm Prediction Center for the most current information.